5 Steps for Proper Oral Hygiene (Daily Routine)
Our teeth are very important parts of our lives. First off, it is what we use to chew our food and feel energized with fuel to our body. Second, it is a part of our face that helps us convey our emotions, such as happiness or sadness. Lastly, its health is vital so no pain is felt and we don’t become cranky. Here are four easy steps to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy:
1. Make sure you use a Soft-Bristled or Medium-Bristled Toothbrush. This will help you reach the inner surfaces with the flexibility of the bristles. Using a hard-bristled one will only hurt your gums.
2. Select ADA Approved Toothpaste. Some toothpaste may be bad for your teeth and gums and prolonged use may weaken the enamel surrounding your teeth. Make sure you read the label on the toothpaste the next time you buy it at the supermarket.
3. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2 minutes each. Spend 30 minutes in each quadrant in your mouth. You should also brush going away from your gums to make sure you don’t push the food particles in your gums.
4. Use dental floss. You can check out videos online to show you how to properly floss in between your teeth. It is very important that you do this because there might be food particles that get stuck and can cause cavities or tooth decay.
5. Eat the Right Food. Eating hard food may destroy your teeth in the long run. You should not eat very hard food and stick to softer food like vegetables and fruits that can also give you a healthy body. Sweet food can also cause tooth decay and other complications. Make sure you veer away from soft drinks or sweet, processed juices.
If you take care of your teeth and gums, you will be spending less on more visits to the dentist or dental procedures like root canal or fillings. Follow those five steps and worry not about your dental hygiene. If you’re looking for dental services in Richardson, Texas, ORCHID Family Dental is the place to go!
ORCHID Family Dental has modern approach on achieving the perfect smile! Call us at 972-424-3555 to schedule an appointment, or visit our website www.orchidfamilydental.com to learn more about us. ORCHID Family Dental is the go-to place for dental services in Richardson, Texas.