Helpful Good Oral HygieneTips for Your Children
Did you know? Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among children all over the world. Since children are easily attracted to sweet confectioneries like candies, lollipops, chocolates, and more, they often accumulate cavities which make them susceptible to various dental health problems during their early years. Thus, having them undergo dental check-ups is essential to avoid serious complications that may arise later on in their lives. At ORCHID Family Dental, our dental services in Richardson, Texas include interaction between our dental healthcare professionalsand your young ones through spending quality time with them before starting any dental treatments.
Nevertheless, you have the ability to prevent these cavities from putting your child’s dental health at risk by following these helpful good oral hygiene tips for your children.
1. Brush your child’s teeth gently using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a small amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
2. Keep your children away from sugary products. Sugar increases the probability of producing cavities as it reacts to acid at high speed.
3. Teach your young ones the ways of properly brushing their teeth. The younger the age of your children, the faster they absorb lessons. Thus, it is vital to start teaching them by the age of three, and supervise their performance by thoroughly checking if they’velearned andapplied what you’ve taught them.
4. Never let your child sleep with a feeding bottle stuck on their mouth. Milk contained inside the bottle are still composed of sugar contents. Thus, cavities are generated overnight.
5. Encourage your child not to fear dental services by constantly talking to them about the matter. Dental visits often make patients in all ages feel anxious and uneasy, especially the young ones. It is best to avoid mentioning words like pain and hurt.
6. Secure the services of dental healthcare professionals. When all else fails or you want to provide what’s best for your children, it is recommended to have them examined and observed by a dental professional. Trusted dentists, like the ones we have at ORCHID Family Dental, are licensed and highly educated about pediatric dental sealants and fluoride applications for your child. It is also essential for your children to receive regular dental services in Richardson, Texas.
Is there a more satisfying view than the wide healthy smiles pasted onyour kids’ faces?Perhaps, none. How often would you want to see this spectacular scene with their sweet laughter while playing around the house? Surely, all the time. Allow us at ORCHID Family Dental to provide your children with high quality and safe dental services in Richardson, Texas. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to serve you.